Southampton / BOCA Patrol
About the Southampton/BOCA Patrol Service
(a non-profit corporation)
The Patrol Service was established almost three decades ago to provide patrol coverage in the Southampton and Boulevard Oaks neighborhoods and is an organization separate from SHX POA. The service has been a great asset to the neighborhood. Patrolmen are able to respond quickly to a variety of calls about everything from suspicious persons, magazine scam artists and graffiti vandals to serious crimes. Although our tax dollars pay for police, the City budget is not large enough to include regular beat patrols, nor are there enough HPD officers to meet the demands of America’s fourth largest city. The Southampton/BOCA Patrol Service fills this void. Vacation watch and alarm service are also available to subscribers.
1. The Patrol needs your contributions. Service is only available to our neighborhood as a result of voluntary contributions by the residents of Southampton, Southampton Extension, and Boulevard Oaks. Quarterly contributions of $110 are requested.Quarterly periods begin January, April, July and October. Contributions are not tax deductible. Quarterly contribution requests are mailed to all Southampton property owners in January, April, July and October. Contributions may be sent to Southampton/BOCA Patrol Service, P.O. Box 66358, Houston, TX 77266 or paid online at their website. Click here to go to the Southampton/BOCA Patrol Website.
2. Our Patrolmen are off-duty HPD officers. They wear badges, carry guns and make arrests.
3. The Patrol owns two late-model police patrol trucks equipped with factory police equipment package. Patrol trucks have police-type identification markings and lights.
4. The Patrol is on 24-hour duty. Officers rotate in shifts to provide our neighborhood with continuous service. Keep the patrol number (713-825-5555) close to your telephones.
5. The Patrol is not a substitute for the Houston Police Department. Although the Patrol is often our first line of defense, the Patrol is not a substitute police department. The Patrol monitors HPD dispatch throughout the day and responds immediately to emergency calls from Southampton residents, usually arriving on the scene much faster than on-duty HPD. Emergency calls should be made to 911.
For more information, and for billing and payment inquiries and telephone sticker requests, contact the Patrol business office at 713-825-4558. Callers will need to leave their name, address and phone number, and state the nature of the inquiry/problem, and they will be called back shortly. Telephone stickers are available by sending a SASE to P.O. Box 66358, Houston, TX 77266. For questions or complaints email Patrol Coordinator Officer Richard Kent at email@example.com, or send comments to the Patrol Service President Ken Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-526-5574.